Accepted Usage Policy (AUP)
Keep your business in the hands of those who give you the utmost experience without excuses.
You’re looking for a good experience from start to finish from professionals who know what they’re doing, correct? Well, look no further than the expert skills and experience you can find at HJI Technologies. This is a professional business with an eye for quality that is looking to help you, valuable client, have a good experience in our capable hands.
HJI Technologies – Accepted Usage Policy (AUP)
Last Revised: February, 17, 2017
In order for HJI Technologies to provide an uncompromising experience to everyone, we have set up a few guidelines for clients who use our service. While you look over, it may seem like some of these guidelines are strict, but they are there to ensure a safe, functional, and trusted environment for all our clients. After all, our moto at HJI Technologies is to provide an “uncompromising” experience.
Many of our competitors do not require their customers to fully comply with these guidelines. If any of our potential clients are unwilling or unable to comply with these guidelines, we respectfully invite them to visit one of our competitors. At HJI Technologies, we care about each and every one of our clients. We do our very best to give the best possible experience at the highest standards.
Section 1: Policies Regarding Web Contents & FTP
We do not allow any of the following content to be published on any of our servers:
- Content of a pornographic, sexually explicit, or adult nature.
- Content of any illegal nature (including copyrighted material).
- Pirated software, hateful or content sites that could be reasonably considered as slanderous or libelous. HJI Technologies representatives will decide upon content that is questionable regarding any of the aforementioned criteria.
- Users posting any of the above content on their sites may have their Web and/or incoming anonymous FTP services temporarily suspended. They will then be contacted by HJI Tech Staff and given the opportunity to remove the content in question before having their services reinstated. A repeated offense may cause cancellation of service without refund of any fees.
Section 3: Policies Regarding Illegal Activities
Customers caught using our system for any sort of illegal activity, including but not limited to breaking into remote systems, credit card fraud, theft, vandalism, threats, harassment, or violence, will have their accounts immediately cancelled without refund of any fees.
HJI Technologies assigns IP addresses to clients based upon the guidelines of ARIN: https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html All IP Address allocations must be justified based upon this policy. HJI Technologies reserves the right to request verification at any time for assigned IP addresses at which time under HJI Technologies’ discretion IP assignments may be revoked.
HJI Technologies does not allow, condone or authorize any forms of Network Abuse including but not limited to Denial of Service attacks, Phishing attempts, port scans, SYN Floods etc.
HJI Technologies reserves full right to determine what constitutes Network Abuse and take the appropriate action against the Customer with or without prior notification and without liability.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including but not limited to:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to HJI Technologies and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting;
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against theHJI Technologies network.
- Use of HJI Technologies’ network in a way that unreasonably interferes withHJI Technologies’ other customers use of the network.
HJI Technologies does not accept material such as:
- Proxy, Torrents, Tor, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), illegal gambling and lottery sites or services.
Content “published or transmitted” via HJI Technologies’ service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any service provided by HJI Technologies.
* HJI Technologies can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it’s at HJI Technologies sole discretion to issue a refund.
Section 2: Policies Regarding Email Usage
HJI Technologies does not support unsolicited email messages sent by users of our system (also known as junk email or SPAM). Users sending unsolicited email messages from our system will have all of their services temporarily or permanently suspended. They will then be contacted by HJI Staff and informed of the suspension. A repeated offense may cause cancellation of service without refund of any fees. HJI Technologies does not allow any hosting account to give out free or paid email hosting on a public level. Reseller accounts are exempt from this, however spam guidelines still apply. It is up to the reseller to monitor and control outgoing junk email/spam.
Any kind of bulk emailing is strictly prohibited with shared or reseller hosting. With VPS, Hybrid or Dedicated hosting you must obtain HJI Technologies’ advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to HJI Technologies’ reasonable satisfaction:
- HJI Technologies does not provide servers for the sole purpose of bulk emails. Software such as PMTA is expressly prohibited.
- All Bulk Emailing must be limited to send no more than 60 emails per minute.
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and HJI Technologies’ requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your HJI Technologies service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your HJI Technologies service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
HJI Technologies may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your HJI Technologies’ services.
Section 4: Policies Regarding Right To Refuse Service
HJI Technologies reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a professional and safe environment for our clients. This includes any programs, such as CGI programs that are using excessive amounts of system resources. An excessive amount is defined as any amount that results in substantial degradation of server performance. HJI Technologies is the sole determinant of what constitutes degraded server performance. On some occasions, we allow heavy usage depending on the situation. However, additional fees may apply. Should you need additional resources, HJI Staff will get in touch with you regarding excessive usage and give you other options such as upgrades.
Make the move to HJI Technologies
Ready to go?
Our experts are here to help. Any questions you may have, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We’re very easy to get along with, and we will make sure everything works for you.